A GUIDE FOR HOMEOWNERS
We are committed to creating an exceptional product that is also exceptionally simple. Each Eze-Breeze vinyl-glazed panel delivers beauty and protection from accidental impacts, UV rays, and outdoor pests. To keep your products in top shape, you must follow a consistent care and maintenance routine. Regular inspections and attention will prevent your vinyl-glazed panels from drying out or becoming brittle. These steps will also help protect you from voiding your product’s warranty. This guide outlines best practices as well as what to avoid.
- Allow all Eze-Breeze panels to cool completely before you wash them.
- As you remove each panel, mark each one. This will help you determine the proper order when you are ready to reinstall your panels.
- Remove your Eze-Breeze panels and clean your screens to help minimize dirt.
- Avoid leaning on your panels or screens. These products are not designed to protect you from falling.
Before you begin, take off any rings, bracelets, watches, or other jewelry that may puncture the vinyl. Do not use the items below on your panels, screens, or hardware. These improper tools may void your warranty and/or damage your products.
- Alcohol- or ammonia-based products
- Dishwashing detergents/soaps
- Products that contain abrasives or other chemicals
- Do not lubricate the main frame tracks or other components
At a minimum, clean all materials listed in this guide twice a year. More frequent cleanings may be necessary depending upon your environmental factors.
Although the illustrations above focus on our Vertical 4-Track product, the steps below apply to all Eze-Breeze products.
- Begin by vacuuming all areas of the Eze-Breeze frame with a soft brush attachment.
- Use a hose to remove loose dirt, dust, or other debris from the exterior of your panels. If needed, you may also wipe the main frame tracks and other metal parts with a soft cloth and clean water.
- With the Eze-Breeze vents in the closed position, raise the bottom panel approximately 1”, release the thumb latches, and tilt the panel in.
- Rest the tilted panel on a stable surface, like a chair. Lower the remaining three panels to the bottom of the unit, raise the second panel approximately 1”, and tilt it in to rest on the bottom panel).
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all remaining panels are tilted in (see Illustration A).
- Using a soft, lint-free cloth, rinse the top panel that is facing up with clean water (see Illustration B). Apply a cleaning solution of Woolite® or Murphy Oil Soap® and warm water (one capful to one gallon of water). Be sure the panel is dry and spot free.
- Tilt the panel back into position, and repeat step 6 on the opposite side (see Illustration C). Repeat this process for the remaining Eze-Breeze panels, returning each one to its normal position after you finish cleaning.
For the best results, we recommend using a liberal amount of Eze-Breeze’s Vinyl Cleaner, which is available from an Eze-Breeze authorized dealer. This step helps extend the life of your products while reducing dust.
- Start with the bottom panel in the closed position.
- Raise the bottom Eze-Breeze panel around 1”, release the thumb latches, and tilt the panel in.
- Lift one side of the panel to remove the pin at the bottom from the track.
- Carefully remove each panel, mark the panel number, and set each one aside.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for the remaining panels.
- To replace each panel, reverse the procedure.